Protect your family with the Kidde Firex Smoke Detector, Hardwired with Battery Backup, Smoke Alarm. The hardwired, ionization Kidde Firex Smoke Detector, Hardwired with Battery Backup, Smoke Alarm operates on a 120-Volt power source with a 9-volt alkaline battery backup. Using ionization sensor technology, the Kidde Firex Smoke Detector alerts to invisible fire particles, even during power outages. The Kidde Firex Smoke Detector, Hardwired with Battery Backup has green, constant LED light that indicates AC power is connected. Red LED blinking lights flash for standby, if the alarm senses combustion, fire, or smoke, alarm memory if the alarm is activated, and hush mode. UL Certified with a 10-year limited warranty. Meets requirements of UL217, NFPA72, The State of California Fire Marshall, NFPA 101, FHA, & HUD.
- Hardwired 120-volt power source with a 9-volt battery back-up
- Test/reset button - tests the smoke alarm circuitry & resets memory after an alarm has sounded
- No low battery chirps; internal timer alerts you to replace the entire unit after 10 years
- 85 decibel fire alarm alerts of fire
- Ionization sensor - detects invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric sensing alarms
- Constant green LED light indicates that AC power is connected
- Red LED blinking lights indicate when: alarm is in standby mode, smoke or fire initiated the alarm, or is in hush mode
- Replacement Chirp - alerts to replace alarm after 10 years of operation
- Ensure whole home family protection by placing 1 fire detector and carbon monoxide detector on each level of your home, in your bedroom, & other locations where required by law
- Industry experts (such as the NFPA), recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help ensure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home.
- Kidde offers a full range of 120-Volt AC wire-in life safety products with interconnect capability to provide the most immediate and complete system available, when any one interconnected alarm is triggered, all interconnected alarms within the home sound an immediate warning
- Smoke detector utilizes an ionization sensor to detect fire hazards and sounds an 85 db alarm when a hazard is detected
- Compatible with Kidde, FireX, code one and sentinel products
- *Check with your state and local fire and Building/Safety codes for specific information regarding smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarms.
- UL/CSFM Ref. Kidde Part i4618AC