Kidde 10 Year Worry-Free Smoke Detector, Hardwired with 10 Year Battery Backup, Smoke Alarm
Log in for product availability.
The Kidde i12010S is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with sealed-in lithium battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. The i12010S contains a 10-year tamper proof battery that eliminates the need for battery replacement, and ends worry over unauthorized battery removal. The alarm provides continuous protection from smoke and fire, even during power outages. At the end of alarm life, the unit will chirp, indicating the alarm is in need of replacement. The customer can use a simple tool such as a screwdriver to deactivate the unit, stopping the chirp and making it safe for disposal. The end of life signal can be temporarily silenced to allow for replacement at a more convenient time.
- Hardwired 120-volt power source with 10-year, lithium battery back-up
- Protection during power outages and no low battery chirps
- Test/reset button - tests the smoke alarm circuitry & resets memory after an alarm has sounded
- No low battery chirps; internal timer alerts you to replace the entire unit after 10 years
- 85 decibel fire alarm alerts of fire
- Ionization sensor - detects invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric sensing alarms
- Smoke alarms will automatically activate when attached to the mounting bracket
- Green LED blinking lights indicate when: alarm has been initiated, is in hush mode, or powered by battery only
- Constant green LED light indicates that AC power is connected
- Replacement Chirp - alerts to replace alarm after 10 years of operation
- Ensure whole home family protection by placing 1 fire detector and carbon monoxide detector on each level of your home, in your bedroom, & other locations where required by law
- Industry experts (such as the NFPA), recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help ensure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home.
- Kidde offers a full range of 120-Volt AC wire-in life safety products with interconnect capability to provide the most immediate and complete system available, when any one interconnected alarm is triggered, all interconnected alarms within the home sound an immediate warning
- Compatible with Kidde, FireX, code one and sentinel products
- *Check with your state and local fire and Building/Safety codes for specific information regarding smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarms.