Searched for "makita cordless power tools"
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE that includes the 18-Volt X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36-Volt) Brushless Cordless Couple Shaft Power Head. With zero emissions, lower noise and maximum versatility, the Power Head is a welcome solution for a range of trimming and cutting applications. Its powered by two 18-Volt LXT batteries (sold separately) for maximum performance and run time without the hassles of gas and without leaving the 18-Volt battery platform. The Power Head is compatible with a variety of optional couple shaft attachments, with a lever style lock system for quick tool-less installation and replacement. It can be used with multiple attachments for trimming, edging, cultivating and brush cutting (sold separately). Makita's efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer-life.
- BL Brushless Motor delivers up to 9,700 RPM
- 3-speed options (low: 5,700 RPM, medium: 8,200 high: 9,700 RPM) allow the operator to match speed to application
- Lever style lock system allows for quick tool-less installation and replacement of attachments
- Compatible with a variety of optional couple shaft attachments for versatility
- Electronic torque control turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or wheel is forced to stop
- Overheat warning system turns on indicator light and is engineered to automatically stop motor
- Variable speed trigger switch for controlled cutting speed
- Weighs only 9.8 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer-life
- Compatible with Makita 18-Volt lithium-ion batteries with a Star Symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers