Specialty Hvac Tools
The SOS Switch is a solid-state device designed to detect a clogged condition in a condensate drain line. By locating the SOS with its body away from the normal flow, it can be used to detect a possible overflow condition when the PVC drain line becomes full with water. It works by sensing when the water is near the top of the pipe that it is clamped onto and responds by opening the circuit to the compressor contactor. When not detecting water, the SOS is normally closed and allows normal air conditioner operation.
- Switch uses proven magnetic reed switch technology to ensure proper operation and prevent costly problems
- Shuts off the system when water backs up in the drain line due to a clogged line, preventing costly damage to equipment, floors, walls and ceilings
- May be installed horizontally or vertically depending on the location and positioning of the drain line
- Snaps easily over existing drain line tubing and can be glued in place using PVC cement
- LED indicator lights to show that there may be system trouble, and the SOS is doing its job
- Furnished complete with switch, 5 (1.5 m) 18 AWG, 2 wire lead, and a 3/4 in. PVC male fitting adapter for direct coupling to a primary pan drain line connection