Collection of Information
When you interact with us via this website we may collect the following personal information: name, email address, address, information from your credit card or debit card, and IP address. The personal information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request and to provide you with updates and information about the business.
Distribution of Information
We respect your privacy. Your information will not be sold to 3rd parties including other companies or data listing services for monetary compensation. We may share information with governmental agencies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personal information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
California Privacy Information
At this time, person information collected from Business-to-Business (“B2B”) customers is largely exempted from the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). However, the CCPA does provide B2B customers with the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information.
We do not share your information with third parties in exchange for money. However, we do share your information with third parties to enhance your experiences with us, to improve our ability to serve you, and to keep you aware of our products, services, and offers. California law may treat some of these types of disclosures as sales.
Some of the tracking tools used on our websites, mobile applications, and other digital services may involve the sharing of personal information with third parties in exchange for their support in enhancing your experiences with us, improving our ability to serve you, or keeping you aware of our products, services, and offers. Some of this sharing may qualify as a sale under the CCPA. To exercise your choices regarding those tools, please read the Our Tracking Tools section below, particularly the section on controlling our tracking tools.
You may view The Home Depot online Privacy and Security Statement at homedepot.com/privacy for more information. You may also exercise your privacy rights by calling Customer Care at 1-800-394-1326.
Our Tracking Tools
Tracking Tools We Use
We collect personal and other information using digital tracking tools, such as cookies and web beacons, when you use our websites or mobile applications, interact with our emails or applications provided on connected devices, or otherwise engage with our digital offerings. We also partner with third parties that collect information this way. These third parties may place similar tracking tools on our websites, applications, and advertising to facilitate tracking, advertising, and measurement services.
The tools may collect information about your activities over time and on various digital services offered by us or others.
The tools that we, our vendors, and third parties use include:
- Browser and flash cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other connected device to identify your browser or to store information or settings. Your browser may provide the ability to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Flash cookies generally can be disabled only by accessing Adobe Flash settings (information available here)
- Server logs, which record information about the device, browser, operating system, network, and other resources you use to access our digital services
- Web beacons and pixels. These are small electronic images deployed on websites and emails that collect information about how users interact with content
- Application software. Software in our mobile and other connected-device applications collects information about how you interact with the digital services
We, our service providers, and third parties use the information collected via these tools to:
- Identify new visitors and users
- Recognize returning customers
- Learn how you came to access our digital services
- Keep you logged into our digital services
- Personalize your experience on our website, device applications, and third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications
- Identify your location as determined by the IP address of your devices
- Optimize and tailor our websites and device applications
- Make product recommendations and provide you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on our device applications, our websites, or on other websites and applications. We may also get information about your browsing history and online activities from our trusted business partners and vendors
- Better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors and device application users, and their respective interests, including by learning about your online activities across devices
- Provide correct pricing and ads for the local store you select
Online Interest-Based Ads
We work with digital advertising and marketing companies to provide you with ads that meet your interests and that enhance your experience with us. These ads may be displayed on websites or device applications operated by us or third parties, and they may be based on information about your activities or preferences collected by us or third parties. We work with third parties to monitor and optimize ad delivery so that you don’t receive the same ad too many times and to determine whether you were interested in the ads. As noted above, these third parties collect information with their own cookies, pixels, and related tracking technology.
To learn more about interest-based ads and to opt out of certain types of interest-based advertising and certain other uses of information collected over time and across different online services and devices, click here. Some of the social media platforms we work with may serve you with interest-based advertising on their platforms. In addition to or instead of the opt-out mechanism linked above, you may be able to opt out of their interest-based advertising by changing your advertising preferences in the platforms after you log in.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools
This section provides you with information about the options available to you to control our tracking tools. Some of our tracking tools share information with third parties in exchange for their support in enhancing your experiences with us, improving our ability to serve you, or keeping you aware of our products, services, and offers. Such disclosures may be considered sales under certain laws even though we do not sell your personal information to third parties for money. The options below will help you opt-out of such sales.
Disable browser cookies: Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies, some of which may enable third parties to collect data about your use of our websites. You can adjust your browser settings to block all cookies. Certain browsers also allow you to limit the blocking of cookies to specific websites. Instructions for blocking cookies on commonly used browsers can be found at the links below. You will need to adjust the settings on each browser and on each device for which you wish to block cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may limit the functionality of our websites.
- Disable Flash cookies: Third parties may collect data about your usage of our websites via Flash cookies. To disable Flash cookies, follow these instructions. This setting will need to be adjusted on each device for which you wish to block Flash cookies.
Exercise interest-based advertising opt-outs: Certain coalitions of advertisers allow consumers to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of the coalitions. Please follow the links below to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of these coalitions. You will need to exercise these opt-outs on each browser on each device for which you wish to opt-out of interest-based advertising.
Limit mobile device interest-based advertising: You can adjust your advertising preferences on mobile devices through your device settings:
- iOS Devices: Go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising (at the bottom of the screen) > Turn on Limit Ad Tracking
- Android Devices: Go to Google Settings > Ads > Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads
When you opt out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still see general audience advertising regarding our products and services. We may deliver advertising to a general audience or place advertising on websites and other platforms that relate to our advertisements. For example, if you opt out of targeted advertising and visit a do-it-yourself website, you may see advertising on the website that promotes products and services related to the content.
We may update this section from time to time with information about new tools that may be available to you to register your preferences.
Privacy Contact Information
To review and update any personal information you provide to us, you can contact us by calling the Customer Service Team at 1-866-412-6726.
Effective Date: 2012
Last Revision Date: January 9, 2020